A CeX membership allows you to sell and trade your items with us at anyone of our UK based stores. It’s free and easy to become a member! We have 2 types of membership.
You do not need to bring ID to sign up for Exchange Membership.
We just need your name and postcode.
Note: Exchange Memberships allow you to trade-in all items except mobile phones and electronic items. If you want to trade-in or sell mobile phones, you will need Full Membership. Exchange memberships can only be used to sell for a CeX voucher. To sell for cash you will need a full membership.
Selling to CeX is fast, friendly and fair. If you're exchanging a Phone or selling anything for cash you need a full CeX membership, which is free. A full membership allows you to sell all items for either cash or credit voucher.
In England, Northern Ireland and Wales full members must to be at least 16 years old (18 in Manchester) and be able to present ONE of the following ID:
- Current Signed Passport
- EU National Identity Card
- Current UK photocard Driving Licence (full/provisional)
- Police/Armed Forces Warrant Card
- DWP Benefit Book or Card
- Utility Bill (not more than 6 months old)
- A current bank/credit union/building society/credit card statement (not more than 6 months old)
- Council Tax/Rent Book
- Disabled Drivers Permit
- Debit/Credit Card
Note: All ID must be current and original. IE. No out of date Passports etc. and no photocopies.
In Scotland, for all trade-ins you must be at least 16 years old and present proof of address dated within the last 30 days for memberships in our stores in Edinburgh. You also need one of the following forms of ID:
- Valid Passport
- UK Photo Drivers License (full/provisional)
- EU Identity card
- Police or Armed Forces Warrant card
- Young Scot card bearing the "PASS" logo
- Two debit or credit cards