A CeX membership allows you to sell and trade your items with us at anyone of our UK based stores. It’s free and easy to become a member! We have 2 types of membership.
You do not need to bring ID to sign up for Exchange Membership.
We just need your name and postcode.
Note: Exchange Memberships allow you to trade-in all items except mobile phones and electronic items. If you want to trade-in or sell mobile phones, you will need Full Membership. Exchange memberships can only be used to sell for a CeX voucher. To sell for cash you will need a full membership.
Please also note that in the Greater Manchester area customers must be a minimum of 16 years old to set up an Exchange Membership and/or a Full Membership.
Selling to CeX is fast, friendly and fair. If you're exchanging a Phone or selling anything for cash you need a full CeX membership, which is free. A full membership allows you to sell all items for either cash or credit voucher.
In England, Northern Ireland and Wales full members must be at least 16 years old and be able to present ONE of the following ID:
- Current Signed Passport
- EU National Identity Card
- Current UK photocard Driving Licence (full/provisional)
- Police/Armed Forces Warrant Card
- DWP Benefit Book or Card
- Utility Bill (not more than 6 months old)
- A current bank/credit union/building society/credit card statement (not more than 6 months old)
- Council Tax/Rent Book
- Disabled Drivers Permit
- Debit/Credit Card
Note: All ID must be current and original ie No out of date Passports etc. and no photocopies.
In Scotland, for all trade-ins you must be at least 16 years old and present proof of address dated within the last 30 days for memberships in our stores in Edinburgh. You also need one of the following forms of ID:
- Valid Passport
- UK Photo Drivers License (full/provisional)
- EU Identity card
- Police or Armed Forces Warrant card
- Young Scot card bearing the "PASS" logo
Membership For Minors
- Minors are classed as customers below the age of 16 (or 18 depending on your local bylaws).
- Minors require guardian consent to open an exchange membership with us. The guardian must be over 16 and agree that the minor is able to sell goods to us from that point forward.
- Once consent is granted, the minor is then permitted to sell software and all hardware (except mobile phones) for an in store credit voucher.