A CeX membership allows you to sell and trade your items with us at anyone of our UK based stores. It’s free and easy to become a member! We have 2 types of membership.

Exchange Membership
You do not need to bring ID to sign up for Exchange Membership.
We just need your name and postcode.

Note: Exchange Memberships allow you to trade-in all items except mobile phones and devices having IMEI numbers. If you want to trade-in or sell mobile phones or any IMEI'd device, you will need Full Membership. Exchange memberships can only be used to sell for a CeX voucher. To sell for cash you will need a full membership.

Please also note that in the Greater Manchester and Newcastle Upon Tyne areas, customers must be a minimum of 16 years old to set up an Exchange Membership and/or a Full Membership.

Full Membership
Selling to CeX is fast, friendly and fair. If you're exchanging a Phone or selling anything for cash you need a full CeX membership, which is free. A full membership allows you to sell all items for either cash or credit voucher.

In England, Northern Ireland and Wales full members must be at least 16 years old and be able to present ONE of the following ID:

  • Current Signed Passport
  • EU National Identity Card
  • Current UK photocard Driving Licence (full/provisional)
  • Police/Armed Forces Warrant Card
  • DWP Benefit Book or Card
  • Utility Bill (not more than 6 months old)
  • A current bank/credit union/building society/credit card statement (not more than 6 months old)
  • Council Tax/Rent Book
  • Disabled Drivers Permit
  • Debit/Credit Card
  • Citizen Card

Note: All ID's must be current and original ie No out of date Passports etc. and no photocopies.

In Scotland we follow strict local council laws, for all trade-ins you must be at least 16 years old and present one of each form identification.

The following is acceptable for photo identification.

  • Valid Passport
  • UK Photo Drivers License (full/provisional)
  • EU Identity card
  • Police or Armed Forces Warrant card
  • Young Scot card bearing the "PASS" logo

The following is acceptable for proof of address.  This form of ID will require it to be dated within the past 90 days.  

  • Utility Bill
  • Bank Statement (Official from the bank)

Digital copies of Bank statements and Utility bills are accepted but they must be downloaded documents in PDF or a similar format only. Photos or screenshots cannot be used as an ID.

You will need this documentation if you are an existing member from another store wanting to use these memberships with strict council requirements.  


Membership For Minors

  • Minors are classed as customers below the age of 16 (or 18 depending on your local bylaws).
  • Minors require guardian consent to open an exchange membership with us. The guardian must be over 16 and agree that the minor is able to sell goods to us from that point forward.
  • Once consent is granted, the minor is then permitted to sell software and all hardware (except mobile phones) for an in store credit voucher.